I'm flattered to have been tagged with the Stylish Blogger Award by several lovely ladies: Mirannie, Varnish Vixen, danussa, necessary★nails, Acetone Nail Blog, LadyLuck, and Nail Narcissism. Thanks so much!
I was also tagged by nailspotting with the Beautiful Blogger award.
Rules for this award:
- Copy the award image into a post
- Link to the person who gave you the award
- Give the award to 7 other bloggers and link to their blogs
- Write 7 things about yourself
Since I passed along the Stylish award when it was going around last summer, I'm just going to do just the Beautiful one today. Some versions of the rules ask for 7 "interesting" things, but that's too much pressure (and interesting, like beautiful, is in the eye of the beholder anyway).
1. I've got a food stain on my sweater that I'm trying to pretend I've rinsed out enough to wear the sweater the rest of the day (it's cold in my office), so I'm not feeling particularly stylish or beautiful at the moment.
2. I support the use of the serial comma.
3. I pierced my own ears with a sewing needle when I was about 11 years old. My mother was not pleased when she noticed, which of course she did even though I was trying to keep my hair over my ears when she was around so she wouldn't. Those holes are still in use today, decades later.
4. If I had it to do over again, I'd elope. My husband is great, and I'm glad we got married, but most of the wedding stuff was just a pain in the butt.
5. I have loved Eeyore, the glum donkey from Winnie the Pooh, since I was a little girl. I have pretty much stopped collecting Eeyore stuff since I have so much (mostly stuffed animals, watches, earrings, and clothes) but every once in a while I'll see something I just have to have.
6. I've visited 49 of the 50 states. At one point, I was planning on a 25th wedding anniversary trip to Hawaii to complete the set, but a relative decided to do that for her 25th anniversary the same year and invited family to join her (at our own expense) so now we're thinking about going to France instead because I don't find family reunions romantic in the least.
7. I played the oboe when I was younger. I was not very good at it but since so few people played the instrument I got to be first chair a lot of the time in school.
I'm tagging these sites with the Beautiful Blogger award:
Sparkle Sparkle Gemx posts a great mix of nail polihes, other beauty products, and snippets about her life as a student in the UK.
nails by bellan She shows a wide variety of polish brands, including some I can only cross my fingers and hope to swap for since she's from Sweden.
Suburban Beauty Her pictures make me think "yeah, I need that polish" so often.
Legally Polished She does wonderful nail art in a variety of styles from subtle to bold; if I ever get more time to play I'll be copying a bunch of her looks.
Frippery Digits Another one I read to drool over her nail art.
Love, Varnish, Chocolate, and more This Dutch blogger shares plenty of photos and does some great accent nail looks.
Ditch the Mittens Great photos of polish, nail art, and sometimes her handsome kitty.