Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wheel K7: Gold Foils, Metallics, and Shimmers

Since gold polishes are popular for the holiday season, that's what I decided to go with for this Nail Wheel Wednesday. These are mostly foil and metallic finishes (I'm still not entirely sure where the line is between the two—foil has more sparkles but how few sparkles make something fall into the metallic category is unclear to me). This wheel reflects my preference for cooler toned golds; there some warmer, yellower ones here, but they're the minority.



1. Color Club Gingerbread Man (2 coats)
2. Sally Hansen Salon Guilty Pleasure (3)
3. Petites Color Fever Empress (3)
4. Billie Gold (2)
5. Studio M Gift of Gold (2)
6. Revlon Top Speed Gold Rush (1)
7. Revlon Gold Coin (2)
8. OPI Glitzerland (3)
9. Nicole by OPI Not a Gold Bigger (2)
10. Wet 'n' Wild Chrome A Show at the Palladium (2) [this reminds me of Zoya Ziv, with the micro flakies]
11. Nicole by OPI The Next CEO (2)
12. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Infinity Band (2)
13. China Glaze Midnight Kiss (2)
14. Urban Outfitters unknown (2)
15. Ulta Professional Gold Rush (1)
16. Orly Citrine Cheer (4) [oldie but goodie; the white micro flakies set this one apart]
17. Forever 21 Champagne (3) [almost 2 coats; my favorite on this wheel]
18. Piggy Polish Baby It's Gold Outside (2)
19. Savvy Golden Honey (3) [almost 2 coats]
20. Catrice Amazonian Gold (3) [almost 2 coats]

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


15 through 20:


















There's plenty of destashing opportunities on this one. The definite keepers are 6, 10, 15, 16, and 17. Of the others, one representative of each broad category should be enough; let's say 3, 12, and 20. Just as soon as I hire my destashing assistant, I'll get her right on that.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That nail wheel looks like a million bucks. :D I was a bit surprised to find that my instant favorite was Wet n Wild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many and beautiful, thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mini NOPI is cute...I don't recall seeing a mini in that brand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.