Friday, August 14, 2020

Bee's Knees Lacquer Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

With so much extra time at home and on the computer thanks to the pandemic, I've been seeing more indie polish swatches and that's lead to buying more. Today's post is about some of my latest acquisitions from Bee's Knees Lacquer. Left to right: Night Triumphant, Feyre Darling, Welcome to the Family, I Was a Survivor and I Was Strong, A Dreamer Born Into the Court of Nightmares, When I Kill I Do It Slow, Only You Can Decide What Breaks You, and Truth Is Your Curse. All are from the Acotar Agaaaiiiiin collection, (mostly Part 2, which was released at the end of July; Truth and I Was a Survivor are from Part 1 which was out at the end of June but is still available).

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Because one of the reasons I was inspired to buy these was a post in the brand's fan group showing some of them used for water marbling over black, that's what I did first, starting with the four cool hues: I Was a Survivor and I Was Strong, Welcome to the Family, Feyre Darling, and Night Triumphant.

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

I laid down a black creme base first then dove right in to marbling. I hadn't done it for ages, but some of my nails turned out pretty well. The polish is so pretty it distracts from my ooopsies in marbling. I did add a clear topcoat as well to smooth things over.


Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Then it was the warm hues' turn: A Dreamer Born Into the Court of Nightmares, When I Kill I Do It Slow, Only You Can Decide What Breaks You, and Truth Is Your Curse.

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Some of these are shifty, too, so that added to the entertainment.

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Also, sparkles showed up in the sun:

Bees Knees Acotar Agaaaiiiiin

Looking at these pics again to do this blog post, I'm feeling like I might need to pick up the colors I didn't get so I can have even more fun. Maybe I'll reward myself with that after I do proper swatches, at least Skittles of the ones I have.

1 comment:

  1. OMG amazing colours and love what you have done with them :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.