Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Season Nails of the Day

This December, I've managed to wear not one but three of the Christmas sets of fake nails I've stockpiled from prior years. I kicked off the season with this almond-shaped set in white, gold, and dark green from Kiss.
 

These were my least favorite of the three sets I've worn this month. It's not a good shape for me, as the tapers leave the corners of my natural nails underneath unprotected. I felt the Christmas tree was upside down, facing me rather than the world, though I guess it is a better fit for the shape of this nail going this direction. I also had problems with these popping off; they're glue ons, which should be secure, but something about my body chemistry (or maybe the cold weather I spend hours out skiing in most days) and the Kiss glue didn't work well together. I did like the fine bright green glitter accents on the dark green backgrounds.
 

 

Next were this set from Impress.
 

These were a bit short for the length of my nails at the time but the translucent base helped disguise that. The reindeer face was the right way round, so that was good. These were press-on, and they mostly stayed on.
 

Finally, and these are still on as I type, were another set of glue-ons from Kiss.
 

This almost square shape was more protective of my natural nails than the almond had been. I did try the glue again, thinking maybe this was a different kind of plastic in the nails or the other glue had been defective somehow, but no, they still popped off. I've been sticking them back on with adhesive tabs I stole from another set and once I've done that, they've stayed on.
 

 

Merry Christmas to those of you celebrating! I envy those of you in places where gathering with family is allowed again, unlike here (though plenty of my awful neighbors will do so anyway and we'll have yet another COVID spike ... grrr).

8 comments:

  1. Those are all super cute! I also wouldn't be able to wear almond shaped fake nails. My nails are quite wide and they'd just stick out the side. - Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, you get it then. I keep trying them since I do like to mix things up but have yet to find a set of almonds that work for me.

      Delete
  2. These look really cool! :-D

    Merry Christmas Karen, hope you managed to have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ananka. Had a very quiet holiday season, about as happy as could be given the state of things. Hope you're having a good 2021 so far!

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a nice holiday. I would say that you looked great in any of these nail sets. May you have a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheri! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  4. They're all really cute. I think my favourite is the second set :)
    Merry belated Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbowify Me, hope your new year is off to a great start!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.