Monday, October 17, 2022

Orly x Kelli Marissa Witching Hour

I have slowed my stash expansion quite a bit from the dizzying heights they once reached, yet I do still have my weaknesses. When an online ad for the new Orly and Kelli Marissa Halloween collaboration came across my screen with three glitter toppers, I pondered for just a while before ordering the whole set, glitters and jellies both. They came in a nicely decorated box with skulls and snakes and other spookiness.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour
As you might have guessed from the dimensions of the box, there are six shades here. Left to right: Wild Card, Mystic Jelly, Spellbound, Oasis Jelly, Wing It, Smoke Jelly.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour
I started with Oasis Jelly, a deep blue-leaning teal. At three coats, it's pretty much opaque, though definitely still squishy.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Oasis Jelly
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Oasis Jelly
I used one coat of Wing It on top of Oasis then added clear topcoat. Wing It has black hex glitters, black bat glitters, and small silver and gold glitter in a clear base. The bats did mostly come out of the bottle on their own.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Oasis Jelly and Wing It
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Oasis Jelly and Wing It
I thought the bats got a bit lost against the darkish teal, so I also tried Wing It over Orly Pink Chocolate. The bats did pop more against that dusty rose base.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Wing It over Pink Chocolate
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Wing It over Pink Chocolate
Mystic Jelly, a cool vibrant purple, was up next. I used three coats of this jelly as well, and it seemed just slightly less opaque but equally squishy. Also shiny even without topcoat.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Mystic Jelly
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Mystic Jelly
I topped Mystic with Spellbound, which has black, white, and orange satin hexes plus tiny silver holo glitter in a clear base. I did one thick coat of the glitter and didn't think it needed topcoat.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Mystic Jelly and Spellbound
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Mystic Jelly and Spellbound
Smoke Jelly came next. Three coats of this one as well, and it was opaque and squishy and shiny.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Smoke Jelly
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Smoke Jelly
Wild Card finally got its turn over Smoke. This is a clear base with black, lime, and vibrant purple hex glitters in various sizes.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Smoke Jelly and Wild Card
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Smoke Jelly and Wild Card
Obviously the black glitter in Wild Card got lost on Smoke, so I tried it over Orly Color Blast Mulberry Madness.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Mulberry Madness and Wild Card
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Wild Card over Mulberry Madness
I did also try Smoke over this last combination, to see if this would work for jelly sandwiches. If one is careful and does a thin coat over the glitter it could work, but there are other jellies better suited to the task, I think.
 
Orly x Kelly Marissa Witching Hour Wild Card over Mulberry Madness topped with Smoke
This is a fine collection overall. I love the glitters, can see using Wing It year round, just putting the bats back in the bottle. I do with the jellies were slightly less opaque so they were more versatile, but I have others I can use for sandwiches and other layering.

1 comment:

  1. I got the newsletter from Orly and was drooling over these! They do look soooooo good :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.