Monday, October 10, 2022

Some Nails of the Day

So yeah, hi. I did disappear from here for September. As often happens, I didn't plan to, just put other things ahead of nail stuff on my priority list either due to necessity (nail stuff can be put off in a way that getting my car repaired cannot) or due to travel (I returned last week from last long trip of the year), and the longer I don't blog, the harder it feels to get back to it. Which is why I'm going to come back with a little NOTD post rather than trying to clear my backlog of display photos. I hope that if I can get this post done and published, working on the display one won't feel so daunting. When my nails grow out to what I consider my ideal length, the short length of imPress fakes don't provide the coverage I need, so I have to go with the medium length. Those have a more limited selection of designs, but I can still find things I like, such as the white with blue accents set called Riviera Paradise. I do find the medium length a bit long, so I clip and file them a bit so they feel right for me (and don't interfere with typing on my laptop).
 
imPress press on nails in Riviera Paradise, a white and blue design
I followed up that set with one called Indigo Autumn. Here they are out of the box, before I clipped and filed:
 
imPress press on nails in Indigo Autumn, a navy with brown/blue/cream accents
And after clipping and filing to reshape to look more like my natural nails:
 
imPress press on nails in Indigo Autumn, a navy with brown/blue/cream accents
For a palate cleanser, I used imPress Color in Sweet Love. These are clipped and filed to be less coffin-y:
 
imPress press on nails in Sweet Love, a plain light camel brown
On my nails right now I have a set of Kiss Gel Fantasy in a pink and silver glitter design. I don't have to clip this length shape that much; usually I just do my thumbs and middle fingers since those see disproportionately long for some reason (maybe because those are the fingers I tend to break the nails on most when I'm not wearing fakes). I like this more square shape since it protects the sides and corners of my natural nails better but they're harder to find in medium length than the coffins and other pointy shapes.
 

I haven't given up on regular polish, it's just the fakes are so easy to deal with when traveling or short on time at home. And no chipping to worry about, just losing nails once in a while and replacing them is fast and easy (less so when I actually lose the nail and have to clip and file the replacement, but still, easier than dealing with redoing liquid polish away from home.

1 comment:

  1. They are nice :-D Good to see you again. Mine are long and find texting and typing a bit difficult just now haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.