Monday, November 22, 2010

CHI New York City Collection

Continuing my autumn theme, today I have some of the colors from CHI's fall 2010 New York City collection. I spotted this at Ulta a couple months ago; you may remember the display pic I posted then:



Left to right: Snow Angels in Central Park, Subway to Wall Street, Late Night Dinner in Soho, Crazy Cab Ride on Broadway, Ferry to Lady Liberty (missing), Night Lights of Times Square, Carriage Ride to Radio City, My Cornerstone in Manhattan.


When CHI were buy 2, get one free a while back I got three of them, then used part of my Ulta rewards to get a fourth just the other day.

First up is Ferry to Lady Liberty, which was missing from the display when I first saw it. As expected from the color card, it did turn out to be a grey, a very dark grey creme to be more specific.





Subway to Wall Street is a medium grey shimmer. I got an eensy weensy bit of brushstrokiness showing on just a couple nails, which I think points to operator error rather than a fault in the polish forumula.





I wasn't originally planning to get Carriage Ride to Radio City, but it was the most interesting to me of the remaining colors after I grabbed the two greys, so it came home with me. It's a brick red with a shimmer that pretty much refused to show up on the nail under almost all lighting conditions.




Above in full sun; I think I see a hint of shimmer.


Finally, I have My Cornerstone in Manhattan, which is the one I would have gotten in place of Carriage Ride if it had been in the display when the B2G1 was on. In the bottle it looked like it might be too warm-toned for me, but on the nail it turned out to be a milk chocolate creme that I quite liked. I definitely dried darker than it looks in the bottle.





All of these were two-coaters for me. As usual, these swatches are without top coat.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swatches. :] Subway To Wall Street is beautiful! I want it. I always (stupidly) ignore the Chi polishes when I go to Ulta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple CHI polishes and I love their brushes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're pretty, but I'll be skipping them. I feel like they aren't that special, you know?

    Thanks for the awesome swatches though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty colours. I especially like the greys ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not usually one for too many neutrals but I like these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Subway to Wallstreet looks nice. I never seem to notice Chi polishes when I go to Ulta. Unfortunatly I don't have an Ulta close to me so I don't get to go often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didnt even know chi made polishes... those look nice and very shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all these colors!!

    Marcy,
    smudgemyeyeliner.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Subway but you can't get Chi in the UK. Which is a relief to my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard much about chi polishes. Are they expensive? how is the wear of them?

    nothing beats OPI for me right now. OPI wears the best on my nails

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did pick up a few colors from this collection. Lovely swatches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice all three of them but I like medium gray shimmer the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never tried this brand! Hmmm they look very nice but the colors aren't super special...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice colors, but I dislike NYC sooo much that I wouldn't be able wear them without making a little "yeeaarrrrggghhh" noise every time I made that mental connection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm lovin all the new greys, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice shades! I just realized that my ULTA did have them too but I walked past it and the only way I know my ULTA had it is because of that display.....I remember seeing that backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, everyone!

    shortwidenails, these are around US$8 at full price but I usually wait for sales or Ulta coupons to buy them. Formula and wear are on par with other salon brands for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.