Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pahlish Halloween Selections

In keeping with the Halloween theme this week, today I have three shades from the Pahlish Happy Holo-ween collection. When I saw the bottles had special labels with a ghost on them, I was powerless to resist.

I wore two of these holos together, giving Trick or Mint, a spring green with gold shimmer/microflakies, an accent nail of Pop Rock Panic, a lilac with silver shimmer/purple microflakies. I used three coats of each and added topcoat for extra shine. In the lightbox, the holo was shy, giving the shimmer and microflakies a chance to take center stage.





In the sun, it was Hello, Holo! There were so many rainbows, I didn't want to go back inside.





Sugar Plum Marshmallow is the stand out of the collection as far as I'm concerned. It's a greyed purple holo with scattered silver flakies.



In indirect light, the holo is very subdued but the larger silver flakes show up to make it interesting to look at. I used three coats plus topcoat for my swatch.





In direct room light, the holo starts to peek out more:



In the sun, the holo is the star of the show—so many rainbows!





In order to put off the time I'd have to remove Sugar Plum Marshmallow, I attempted to paint the ghost from the label on an accent nail. I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri OMGhost (white), Wet Paint Prepare for Takeoff (grey; this is a review sample I'll have more of in a future post), and Sally Hansen Insta Dri Scaredy Matte (black). I didn't realize until I was reviewing photos for this post that I'd failed to give my ghost a mouth.



The final restock of this collection is tomorrow, October 31st. See the Pahlish Facebook page for more information. Though they're sold out until the restock, you can look at swatches of the whole collection now at the Pahlish storefront.

10 comments:

  1. hello holo *.*
    and those bottles are super cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a pretty holo effect in the sun. Subtle yet pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm envious you have them - mine haven't even been shipped yet.... The bottles are so darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great and I love the holo effect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rainbows, and your little ghost even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, Sugar Plum Marshmallow is so pretty! I love how nice and subtle it is in indirect light :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.