Friday, August 3, 2012

Indie Polish from Happy Hands

Today I've got indie glitters from Happy Hands Nail Polish, made by Kristi, whose blog is called Hap Hap Happy Hands. I recently bought all four polishes in her inaugural collection, which was inspired by Florida.

Flowers on the Highway is a mix of large and small hexes in yellow, white, green, pinks, lilac, and black, all in a clear base.



I layered it over Barielle Lily of the Valley (which you may recall from yesterday's post). This is two coats of the Barielle and two to three coats of Flowers on the Highway (some got more because I was pushing the glitter around), plus topcoat.





The Swamp is white squares and blue, green, and orange hexes in a soft orange base.



I used three coats of this one on its own, plus topcoat. The base is sheer enough that this would work for layering, too.





Afternoon Thunderstorms has black glitter and gold shimmer in a grey base.



Here's three coats plus topcoat:





In direct light, the shimmer is even prettier:



My favorite of the collection is Springs, which has large pastel and holo glitter plus small white glitter in a turquoise jelly base.



I used three coats of this one, too, plus topcoat.





I think Kristi did a great job with these. I love that they look on the nail like they do in the bottle, with no special contortions required to get the glitter out. I will probably add a bit of thinner to these before I use them again, and also bust out a thicker topcoat, but I was just so anxious to try these that I didn't take the time for this swatching section.

*****

In other news, I have just gone live with my setup in 2010 and never published Facebook page for this site. The Google+ page is not going away, and that platform continues to be my first choice for social media. This new page will just make my blog more acessible to people who prefer FB.

20 comments:

  1. These polishes look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them all, except The Swamp...looks a bit lumpy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them on you! So glad you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun nam for the brand - and i agree, Springs is something else, soo beautiful, kind of makes me think of Greenlandic ice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really digging Afternoon Thunderstorms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg these are such amazing polishes! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Afternoon Thunderstorms is most definitely my favorite, but the rest of them are nice too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg Afternoon Thunderstorms is my absolute favorite! So moody. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cute polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the square sparkles in the top two!! I have not seen anything like it!! So freakin cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Flowers on the Highway, is my fave out of all of these! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still love that Lily of the Valley green!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Afternoon Thunderstorms has to be my favorite. So edgy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.