Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wheel V7: Glitters from Deborah Lippmann and Others

I was chatting online with some fellow polish lovers about the two most recent Deborah Lippmann collections and how sedate they are, all neutral and near neutral cremes and quiet shimmers. That's not the side of Ms. Lippmann I have on this wheel; this wheel is all about glitter, from her and a couple other brands.



(coats as noted below, plus clear topcoat; some could have used another layer of clear)

1. Deborah Lippmann Stairway to Heaven (3 coats) [the square glitter here makes this more interesting]
2. Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream (2)
3. Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop (2)
4. Deborah Lippmann Do Ya Think I'm Sexy (3) [this is not so interesting]
5. Deborah Lippmann Good Girl Gone Bad (2)
6. Deborah Lippmann Flash Dance (2)
7. Deborah Lippmann Just Dance (2)
8. Deborah Lippmann Dancing in the Dark (3)
9. Deborah Lippmann I Love the Nightlife (3) [all one size gunmetal glitter is more intriguing to me than all red as in #4]
10. Deborah Lippmann Forget You (2)
11. Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday (2) [newer version, without the small square glitter of the original]
12. Butter London Henley Regatta (4) [
13. Butter London Tart with a Heart (3) [this looks so pretty, why have I not worn this?]
14. Butter London West End Wonderland (2)
15. Butter London Rosie Lee (3)
16. Butter London Chancer (2)
17. Butter London The Black Knight (2)
18. Anna Sui 680 (3) [I buy this brand mostly for the bottles, but this is a nice color not often seen in glitter]
19. Anna Sui 004 (3)
20. Anna Sui 107 (3) [another very pretty one I've got to wear sometime]

Bottles 1 through 5:



6 through 11:



12 through 17:



18 through 20:

















Destash notes: First, I'm keeping all the Anna Suis, just to look at the bottles if nothing else. I could probably let a few of the Lippmanns go: 4, 11, maybe 5 through 8 if I find similar glitters in other brands that swap/sell less well. As for the Butter Londons, 14 is not my color, and 15 and 16 I think I have some close enough in other brands (thought I do like the shape of the Butter bottles, so that's a factor).


4 comments:

  1. I've got a good few of those Lippmanns! I used to love them but they are so expensive and hard to come by in Scotland. They used to be easy - but not now. One of the large department stores stopped selling them :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was "OMG I LOVE #17!!!" hehehe I should really wear that again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.