Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Wheel T10: Dark Grey Cremes

This episode of Nail Wheel Wednesday continues the grey creme story I started last week; the ones I have today are darker than those last week. I think two more wheels, a white/light grey and a dark grey/black, should mostly clear out my backlog of this color/finish family. Then I can start in on the other hues and finishes that have been neglected while I unpacked and sorted my stash.

One note before I get to the photos: it was 96 degrees Fahrenheit (35 C) in my studio the day I painted this wheel, so I had fans blowing on high setting in order to not get heat stroke, which means some of the polishes got an extra coat they wouldn't have needed in better conditions (the quicker dry ones didn't have a chance to self-level before the fans dried them), some have bubbles and other irregularities that aren't their fault, and some got a topcoat I wouldn't usually put on because I was trying to compensate for these issues. All that said, you can still see the colors and the differences among them, so I'm going ahead and posting this. I might have to try to get into the studio earlier in the day while the summer heat is still going strong in town ... though getting to places early in the day is not one of my strong suits now that I'm retired.




1. Elf Misty Haze (3 coats plus topcoat) [this was especially quick to dry and thus looks especially uneven due to conditions]
2. L'Oreal Greycian Goddess (3)
3. Sally Hansen Triple Shine Wet Suit (2) [ah, Triple Shine line, seems we hardly knew ye before you were discontinued, though you did last longer than some lines, like Smooth and Perfect]
4. Essie Petal Pushers (2)
5. Rimmel 60 Seconds Man Overboard (2)
6. SinfulColors My Turn (2) [I had forgotten this was a matte finish, and wow is it good]
7. Butter London Full Steam Ahead (2) [this one was especially bubbly in the heat and breeze]
8. Rescue Beauty Lounge Forgotten Road (2)
9. Inocos Cinzento Rei (2)
10. SinfulColors Smokin (2)
11. OPI Nein Nein Nein OK Fine (3) [at this point on the wheel it becomes a question of when grey ends and when black starts]
12. Ulta Steal a Kiss (3)
13. Divergent Violet Abnegation (3)
14. Dermelect Excentric (3 plus topcoat)
15. The New Black unnamed (2 plus topcoat)
16. Mattese Elite Fantasias (3) [this is interesting—it started life as an intense purple, but has faded to this grey; I'm thinking the slight satin finish is due to the neon pigments in it that have now lost their color]
17. Elf Thunderstorm (2 plus topcoat)
18. SinfulColors Ardoise (2)
19. Revlon Supernova (2 plus topcoat)
20. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Grease Lightening (2)


Bottles 1 through 5:



6 through 10:


11 through 15:



16 through 20:








I was so taken with the finish of #6 I have to share another angle:














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.