Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Wheel J13: Mint and Seafoam Green Cremes

Back to greens today for Nail Wheel Wednesday with some mints and seafoams. There was a thread on one of my nail polish groups on Facebook recently about why the color "mint green" is nothing like the leaves of the mint plant, and one commenter posted that what we usually call "mint green" in the polish world is actually a color called "mint cream", the pastel shade of mint chocolate chip ice cream or the Fannie Mae mint meltaway candies that were a favorite of mine when I was a girl. We didn't get into seafoam green, which I think of as deeper than mint but I don't know if there's a formal ruling on that.

If you notice the bubbling or other application issues on this wheel, don't blame the polish, blame me and the way I forged ahead and painted this wheel on a very hot day in my studio with fans running on high, including one pointing right at where I was sitting. Okay, there was one bad brush, which you can blame the brand for, but it was Sally Hansen and given how many many polishes I have from them, one bad brush is not so bad.

mint and seafoam green nail polish


1. China Glaze At Vase Value (3 coats)
2. Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Kiss My Mints (3)
3. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Coastin' By (2) [nice matte finish]
4. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Color Me Good (2)
5. Make B O Boticário Azul Sixties (3)
6. Revlon Nail Art Sun Candy Sun Shower (2) [side 1, side 2 was a matching glitter]
7. Wet Paint Shock & Aqua (2)
8. SinfulColors State-mint (3) [satin finish]
9. Ciate Pepperminty (2) [lost its bow somewhere along the line]
10. Nicole by OPI Alex by the Books (2)
11. Studio M Blue-ming (3)
12. Jenna Hipp Freshmaker (3)
13. Fresh Paint Breakfast at Tiffany's (2)
14. Butter London Minted (3)
15. Studio M Comple Salon Manicure Tempting Taurus (2) [this had a bad brush, so I did the best I could]
16. Orly Color Blast unknown (2) [label is torn off, and I can't match this to anything on my stash spreadsheet, so either it's super faded and was Brilliant Blue at one point, or I never entered it on my spreadsheet, which doesn't seem likely, so I don't know]
17. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Cuteapillar (3)
18. Finger Paints Party Teal Dawn (3)
19. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Green Light (2)
20. Butter London Poole (2)


Bottles 1 through 5:

mint and seafoam green nail polish

6 through 10:

mint and seafoam green nail polish

11 through 15:

mint and seafoam green nail polish

16 through 20:

mint and seafoam green nail polish


mint and seafoam green nail polish

mint and seafoam green nail polish

mint and seafoam green nail polish

mint and seafoam green nail polish

mint and seafoam green nail polish

mint and seafoam green nail polish

mint and seafoam green nail polish

mint and seafoam green nail polish

3 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.