Monday, September 28, 2020

Selections from Polished for Days Imagination Collection

Today I have two lovelies from Polished for Days, both from the Imagination collection, both that have been waiting a long time to get their moment on the blog. (I previously shared the other two I bought from this collection: A Dream is a Wish back in May and Frozen Heart last month.) Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy is a medium purple microflakie shimmer which is also full of larger purple flakes (that have a subtle pink shift) and silver flakes (that have a subtle holo flash).
 
Polished for Days Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy
At three coats, Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy is pretty much opaque. At certain angles in certain lighting conditions, I felt like I could see a hint of nail line. I really had to look for it, though, and what with all the sparkling and shifting the flakies were doing, it was easy to get distracted and not notice any nail line.
 
Polished for Days Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy
 
Polished for Days Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy
 
Polished for Days Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy
Direct light brings out even more beauty:
 
Polished for Days Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy
Of course I had to try layering Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy. I left three coats of it by itself on my index finger then did various creme bases on the other digits: LA Colors Color Craze Gel Jazzy (light orchid), Sally Hansen Insta Dri Vivid Violet (purple), and Color Club Take It All Off (warm brown).
 
I topped the cremes with one coat of Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy then added clear topcoat to all my nails for shine and depth. The light orchid base changed the look the least, just slightly warming it up. Over the darker purple, the silver flakes popped more. My favorite was the warm brown base, which deepened the overall appearance but still let all the flaky elements show their stuff; it especially seemed to bring out the pink shift in the purple flakies.
 
Polished for Days Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy
 
Polished for Days Yesterday Tomorrow and Fantasy Wish Upon a Star has blue/purple and purple/green shifting flakies in a black base, and I could just look at the bottle for hours on end.
 
Polished for Days Wish Upon a Star For my swatch, I did two thicker coats on some nails and three thinner on others and can't tell the difference. I did add clear topcoat to all to let the flakes really shine.
 
Polished for Days Wish Upon a Star
 
Polished for Days Wish Upon a Star
 
Polished for Days Wish Upon a Star
I might have to resurrect the idea of a top 20 list for this blog just so I can put Wish Upon a Star on it. I mean, look at it:
 
Polished for Days Wish Upon a Star I did not let the fact that Wish Upon a Star has a black base keep me from trying it as a layering polish. For my base colors, I chose Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Cherry Cherry Bang Bang (magenta), Sally Hansen Insta Dri Vivid Violet (purple), Sally Hansen Insta Dri Purple Heart (blue violet), and black (I didn't note which one, probably either Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine or Funky Fingers).
 
Adding a single coat of Wish Upon a Star to those Skittles and slicking on a clear topcoat yielded four pretty nearly identical nails. Did the blue tones of the flakes show up more on the blue violet base? Maybe, but if so, the difference is slight. The good news is using Wish Upon a Star on a creme base looks just as good as two/three coats of it alone, so I can enjoy it for more manicures if I layer it.
 
Polished for Days Wish Upon a Star
The Imagination collection is still available on the Polished for Days website. When I went to see, I tried to not look at the polishes I didn't get because my willpower is weak lately when it comes to buying polish. I have three orders on their way to me and one in the shopping cart stage. I figure I'm saving so much money not traveling and not eating out and not driving to see friends in the city that I can indulge more than usual. But there is a limit. Somewhere. I'll keep an eye out.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ananka, they are one of my favorite indies now ... just wish I'd started paying attention to them earlier :D

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.