Friday, October 23, 2020

Polished for Days Birch and Woodnote

Today I've got two flakies from Polished for Days that feel perfect for autumn (which we are currently having where I live maybe half the time, with the other days being winter, complete with snow): Birch and Woodnote.
 
Polished for Days Birch and Woodnote
Birch has a grey base that's been filled up with orange/green shifty flakes and tiny sparkling holo flakes.
 
Polished for Days Birch
Birch can absolutely be worn on its own, but you know me ... if I can layer, I'm gonna layer. So I did three coats of Birch on my index finger and on the other digits did one coat of Birch over Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Jungle Green, a deep slightly greyed teal creme. The layered nails also got topcoat, though it didn't make a huge difference as Birch is fairly shiny and well behaved.
 
Polished for Days Birch
 
Polished for Days Birch
 
Polished for Days Birch
It was dark out when I swatched Birch, so I don't know how it looks in the sun. I do know it looks fabulous in a different way under the warm direct light of my desk lamp. The larger shifty flakes yield center stage to the tiny holo ones but don't disappear entirely, still hanging around to add interest.
 
Polished for Days Birch
 
Polished for Days Birch
Woodnote has a reddish violet base seasoned heavily with gold/orange/green shifty flakes plus a dash of silvery holo flakes added as well. This is less densely packed than Birch, but no less pretty.
 
Polished for Days Woodnote
I took the same approach with Woodnote as I did with Birch: my index finger is three coats of Woodnote alone and the other fingers are one coat of Woodnote over Essie Mrs. Always-Right, a browned rose creme.
 
Polished for Days Woodnote
 
Polished for Days Woodnote
 
Polished for Days Woodnote
The shift in this is quite noticeable even in indirect light; it goes from gold/orange to almost completely green with just a slight change in angle.
 
Polished for Days Woodnote
Under the desk lamp, Woodnote went golden.
 
Polished for Days Woodnote
Both of these beauties were still available on the Polished for Days site last I checked a couple days ago. Birch is from last year's Woodland Holiday collection, while Woodnote is from the more recent Enchanted Woods collection.

2 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.