Monday, January 25, 2021

Zoya Avi with Leopard Spots Topper

One of Zoya's special deals hit me at just the right time late last year, and I got about a dozen polishes along with my big refill bottle of Remove+. Today I've got two of those polishes to share, starting with Avi, a creme that the Zoya website describes as "a smoky greige cream with a hint of red-brown". My swatch is two coats.
 
zoya avi
Avi seems to be something of a chameleon. On me, it pulls toward a greyed out purple. I've seen other swatches that look way less grey and way more purple. I don't see any of the red-brown the description mentions on my nails.
 
zoya avi
Because I have some odd desire to own as many crackle-type polishes as I can, I included the Leopard Spots Topper in my order. It's a black crackle that Zoya says gives "an edgy leopard spots effect". They also say to use it over a textured polish but you know I didn't listen and put it over this creme called Avi. I did a thick coat on my index finger with thinner ones on my other fingers. None of them especially looked like leopard spots to me, so I guess I will have to try it again over a texture at some point.
 
zoya leopard spots topper
 
zoya leopard spots topper

6 comments:

  1. It is a nice colour. The topper looks like a normal crackle to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ananka, I really do need to see how it looks over a texture ... I don't think I've ever tried that before!

      Delete
  2. I second the might as well be a crackle polish, but I think it does look more leopard spotted over a texture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, now if I can just remember to try it over a texture...

      Delete
  3. The effect on the ring finger looks a bit like snake skin to me, but yes, otherwise it's a crackle. I quite like crackles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbowify Me, I just can't stop buying them ... there was a long long while when there were no crackles to be had, so I guess that had its effect on me. :D

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.