Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sweet Blog Award is Sweet

Steph at Imperfectly Painted surprised me yesterday by tagging me with the Sweet Blog award. Thanks, Steph!

Sweet Blog Badge

The instructions that came with it were:

1) Make a post about the award including the picture and mention the person who gave it to you.

2) Put the award on your blog.

3) Give this award to 10 sweet bloggers.

4) Let your nominated 10 know you've awarded them by leaving a comment.


As Steph said, it's hard to pick just 10; I've found so many great nail blogs and had the pleasure to interact with so many sweet ladies as a result. After much consideration, here are the ones I chose this time:

Susie's Home and Hobbies
Susie was one of my very first followers; she is so supportive of other nail bloggers as far as leaving comments and getting the word out about new blogs (at least half of my reading list is thanks to seeing links she posted).

Amused Polish
I met this kind lady at MUA; she showed tremendous patience and understanding after the swap package I sent her in early April went missing. Perhaps it got swallowed up the volcanic ash cloud--we gave it weeks and weeks to turn up and not once did she get even the slightest bit cranky or demanding with me. (I am extremely relieved to report that the replacement package I sent last week did make it there safely!)

Pretty in Dayton
Winning Have You Seen My Limo? in a contest on her blog was part of the reason I started this blog--it seemed like a sign. She's just the friendliest person in e-mail and comments.

PhotoPaperScissors2
I first met Denise through her online journal (those came before blogs) years ago. I keep hoping I'll eventually get around to trying even a tiny, tiny fraction of the cool scrapbooking stuff she does.

A Day in the Life
This is another blogger I met at MUA when we did a swap fairly early in my swapping career there.

Theallamenta
She has been so kind as to start writing blog posts in both Italian and English so people such as me can do more than just look at the pretty pictures she posts.

Iceomatic's Nails
I am in awe of the nail art she does, like the recent mani she did based on a piece of vintage fabric--rooster, and cowboy, and flowers, oh my!

The Nailasaurus
Her blog title makes me smile, and I'm planning to copy a bunch of her nail art designs when I finally make the time to start playing in that arena.

Crystal Visions
Another person I'm planning to copy when it come to nail art.

I think a few of these ladies may have already been tagged, but I wanted to give them a shout out anyway. As with all memes I do, I will not be upset if my tagees decide not to tag in turn.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet, sweet thing to do. Sweet comments too. Thanks so very much. My pleasure,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, it's so sweet!
    I'll post it as soon as I can

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! I didn't realize you had a blog- totally following now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Karen.
    I'm so happy you like to read my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Thank you so much Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.