Monday, May 3, 2010

My Dad Always Told Me I Was a Winner

Recently Styrch at Pretty in Dayton had a contest for a bottle of OPI Have You Seen My Limo?, and I'm delighted to say I won. At the time this polish came out (Fall 2007, Holiday in Hollywood collection) I was a drugstore-only beauty shopper so I never saw it--if I had, I'm sure I would have bought it, as it's exactly the kind of color I'm drawn to, deep plummy duochrome goodness with a bit of shimmer and sparkle. See?

OPI Have You Seen My Limo

OPI Have You Seen My Limo

Speaking of contests, I hope to be having one of my own soon. When I was thinking about starting this blog, I decided I'd do a giveaway if (when?) I reached 25 followers. Due in great part to a link from Susie of Susie's Home and Hobbies, my number of followers increased 900% over the weekend--thanks, Susie!--so 25 doesn't seem like such a crazy number now as it did when I had zero. Since I've had good luck hunting Sally Hansen's Hidden Treasure, I think that will be the prize for my first contest. Stay tuned and thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.