Thursday, September 11, 2014

FingerPaints Film Noir Collection

I intended to do a Nail Wheel Wednesday post yesterday but my brain is still lagging; I neglected to bring the notebook with the color names with me to work and then was too tired to write after I got home. Next week I hope I'll have settled back into my normal routine. Today I've got the FingerPaints Film Noir Collection, which debuted at Sally Beauty in August but which I've still seen in some stores recently. All four polishes in this collection dry to a matte finish: Petal Obsession, Beautiful Mystery, Hollywood Decadence, and Film Noir.



Petal Obsession is a pastel pink. This didn't seem to want to self-level; I used three coats for my swatch and still had some uneveness in the finish. I added on coat of Hollywood Decadence on my accent nail; this has turquoise, gold, and warm pink glitter in a clear matte base.





Beautiful Mystery is a light blue; this went on a bit more smoothly than the pink did. Again, I did a one coat accent nail with Hollywood Decadence.





Film Noir is a very deep red wine; this had the best formula of any of the matte cremes. Accent nail once again got a coat of Hollywood Decadence. If you built it up, you could wear Hollywood Decadence on its own; I just liked it layered as that shade of gold doesn't flatter me.





When I swatched Polish Revolution Literary Wasteland, I mentioned that I thought The Fire Sermon would look good layered over deep base colors, so I tried it over Film Noir (and added topcoat, too). I think I found my go to autumn mani for this year right here.



I like this FingerPaints collection much more than Enchanted Mermaid from July.

11 comments:

  1. Though the only polish I'll look for on sale will be the glitter, I do really like this collection. FP captured the Film Noir spirit I think, the colors are nice. Your autumn mani is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the glitter. I absolutely love the combo of The Fire Sermon over Film Noir. They were made for each other and now I must go look because I don't know how that PR collection got by me lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These finishes remind me of the porcelain finish polishes from Ciate. They are part of the Doll House Collection. They were terrible to apply :-| Pity because they do look nice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anaka, oh no--I just bought some of those Ciate's because I found them on clearance. Oh well. :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with Ananka, Ciate Doll House collection/porcelain finish was the first that came to mind, pretty colors but a nightmare to work with. It seems that matte pastels are difficult to make with a self-leveling formula...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, pastels in general seem to be more prone to problems, so I suppose it's no surprise that matte pastels are no different.

      Delete
  5. I like the glitter the best. The pink one reminds me of Golden Rose Matte pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny enough my favourite this time is the pink one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Great polishes and great swatches, especially the manis with the accent nail :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really liking the combination of Beautiful Mystery with Hollywood Decadence!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this Petal Obssetion, so nice look !
    Karen we could follow each other, i have allredy added you on GFC
    have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.