Friday, October 5, 2018

Essence Out of Space Stories: The Stragglers

Way back in July, I swatched the five shades from Essence Out of Space Stories I'd gotten at Ulta, plus two more I found in Canada on my trip there. Now I've got two more, which showed up at Fred Meyer as summer turned to fall (that display is in this post): Guardians of the Unicorn and Mermaid of the Galaxy.

Essence Out of Space Stories nail polish Mermaid of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Unicorn

Guardians of the Unicorn is a light purple shimmer that looked shifty in the bottle, so I put a black creme on my index finger to enhance any duochrome-yness it had. I did one coat of the Essence over the black, then three coats of it on its own on my other fingers. Indeed it does have a blue/purple shift. Not bad for just under $3.



Essence Out of Space Stories nail polish Guardians of the Unicorn

Essence Out of Space Stories nail polish Guardians of the Unicorn

Mermaid of the Galaxy is a teal shimmer which didn't look shifty in the bottle. It's more opaque than Guardians; two coats gave full coverage. I liked the finish on this one better than Guardians, as it was less prone to show brushstrokes; they're still there, but the shimmer is sparkly enough to visually soften them quite a lot.

Essence Out of Space Stories nail polish Mermaid of the Galaxy

Essence Out of Space Stories nail polish Mermaid of the Galaxy

Because Guardians had worked as a layering polish over the black, I tried it over Mermaid as well, putting one coat of it on my middle through pinky fingers. I really liked the perwinkle shade that resulted from that combination.

Essence Out of Space Stories nail polish Mermaid of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Unicorn

Essence Out of Space Stories nail polish Mermaid of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Unicorn

I really wish it didn't require a scavenger hunt to get all of these, and I realize I am fortunate that I was both in Canada and in Fred Meyer country at the right times to aquire them. I was thinking I could have just ordered them all from the Essence website, but oddly it only has eight shades, not nine. Weird. As it the way you I can't seem to find those polishes on the main nail polish page. So I guess I'll just have to be happy when I stumble across Essence whenever it happens and not worry about what I'm missing.

2 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.