Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wheel C11: Grey to Purple Duochrome Shimmers

When I started my great stash documentation project, I debated whether to sort duochromes into their own category or put them in with shimmers of their dominant shade. I decided on their own category, but that meant having to decide if something showed enough of a shift in the bottle to put in the special category and dealing with my annoyance when something shifts in the bottle but not on the nail wheel or when something doesn'tlook shifty in the bottle but does on the nail wheel so was in the plain shimmer category when it shouldn't have been. Ah well. Just gotta push forward and get this project done. Today I have polishes that (mostly) look grey or purple with a purple or grey shift.



And in direct sun, which shows some of the shifts quite nicely:



1. Finger Paints Multi-Colored Masterpiece (3 coats)
2. Barry M Silvery Lilac (3)
3. Butter London Knackered (3) [has scattered holo microglitter]
4. OPI Not Like the Movies (3) [this is the non-shifty version]
5. OPI Not Like the Movies (3) [shifty version, though I think it needs a dark base to make it come out]
6. Deborah Lippmann Wicked Game (3)
7. Wet 'n' Wild FastDry Gray's Anatomy (3)
8. Catrice Iron Mermaiden (3)
9. OPI Kermit Me to Speak (3) [more of a purple/brown shift than purple/grey]
10. Nubar Shock Purple Beach (2)
11. Zoya Ki (2)
12. Revlon Chroma Chameleon Amethyst (3)
13. Revlon Amethyst Smoke (3)
14. Revlon Color Illusion Steel Magic (2)
15. Revlon KhakiZING (3)
16. Fair Maiden Northern Exposure (3) [almost a two-coater; could have put this on a holo wheel instead]
17. Essence Colour & Go Where Is the Party (2)
18. Sephora Formula X Infamous (2)
19. Ciate Starlet (3) [more green in this than I expected]
20. GOSH Purple Heart (2)


Bottles 1 through 5:



6 through 10:



11 through 15:



16 through 20:


















And some detail shots in the sunshine:



















Bonus: the piece of scratch paper I used to work out which polishes should be on this wheel and in what order. I didn't get it perfect but it's better than it would have been if I'd just gone by looking at the bottles.

1 comment:

  1. OMG... A lot of hard work. I must say you are so hard working! I love those polishes under direct sunlight. In a room light they look almost same, but under sunlight can see the real beauty. You have done a fantastic job!<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.