Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nails of Last Weekend

After wearing Ring My Shell all last week, I took a break from the pale and went overboard with brights on the weekend. In the process of hunting for Hidden Treasure, I'd come across a Wet 'n' Wild display at a Rite Aid with a bunch of brights described as "vibrantly candy-licious":

Wet n Wild Wild Shine

Colors in front, left to right: Blueberry Fizz, Grape Crush, Berry Jubilee, Cotton Candy Delight, Bubble Yum Gum, Strawberry Burst

In back: Cherry Pop, Candy Apple Twist, Sunkist Paradise, Lemon Drops, Mint Fusion, Tropical Splash


Since they were a) fun and b) only 99 cents each, I bought a few--and then a few more the next time I saw the display--so when this past Saturday came around, I was all set for skittles.

Wet n Wild Wild Shine

I used Lemon Drops on my thumb (you can tell which one's the thumb, right?), then (index to ring, top to bottom) Sunkist Paradise, Cherry Pop, Berry Jubilee, and Blueberry Fizz. This picture was taken before top coat (lest I mess it up); I didn't notice until I was resizing it how the purple and to a lesser extent the blue dried a bit matte, almost like neons will.

Before I took this off on Sunday, I slapped a single coat of OPI Mad as a Hatter over the top just to see what it would look like on these colors.


Wet n Wild Wild Shine


Wet n Wild Wild Shine

I like it best over the red, purple, and blue, but that might just be because I like red, purple, and blue polish more than orange and yellow.

I had to use the foil method to get this off--did I mention that I put the skittles on over the previous week's mani? No? Well, I did, so counting MaaH, I ended up with 12 layers (2 base coat, 3 Ring My Shell, 1 top coat, 1 After Party, 1 more top coat, 2 WnW, yet 1 more top coat, 2 MaaH)--whew!

7 comments:

  1. I wonder how will look the light green one... it seems to be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skittles and maah looks amazing layered :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo I love wet and wild soo much, grreat polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw those new WnW's and passed them by. I wish I hadn't. They look so great on you. I love them with the added OPI too.
    Real nice,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. 12 layers?! Yeowsa. Love the foil removal tip. Had the dangest time with my pedicure after Florida, and that was only 3 coats. Should it work on toes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it works on toes. Feels a little weird, but it works. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whow... Here in Portugal the nailpolishes are more expensive... and we haven't a lot of choice in the brands :s All the colours are great, but my favs are Cherry Pop, Cotton Candy Delight, Bubble Yum Gum, Strawberry Burst, Candy Apple Twist, Berry Jubilee and Grape Crush. I don't like to see the yellows and oranges as well :)

    XoXo from Portugal
    Margarida

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.