Monday, May 17, 2010

Orly Viva Collection

Today I have (finally) swatches of Orly's Summer 2010 collection, Viva. I justified buying the whole collection because a) it's only four polishes and b) I have a nail blog now and need to fill it with something. (Please do not point out that I could fill it quite nicely for some time with just the untrieds in my stash.) I found these at Sally Beauty, each color packaged with a mini Top 2 Bottom basecoat/topcoat, but I've since seen them at Ulta as well.

Orly polish

Left to right: Fiesta, Olé, Bailamos, La Playa.


Let's start with Fiesta, a bright pink with a fairly subtle shimmer. This was the only one of the four I had trouble applying. It was very thick, even after I added thinner, but I might have just gotten a bad bottle, as none of the other three were like this. I used three coats (all of these swatches are without top coat).

Orly polish

Orly polish


Olé is a coral creme that leans toward orange; I had no issues with application and used 3 coats.

Orly polish

Orly polish

Bailamos is a teal-y turquoise shimmer; again, three coats. This one gave my camera trouble, so I had to adjust the settings to get the polish right, thus the change in my skintone from previous shots.


Orly polish

Orly polish

La Playa is a deep blue creme. The formula was bit thin--again, don't know if that's just my bottle--but I only needed 2 coats.

Orly polish

Orly polish

La Playa is my favorite of this collection, in part because I don't have very many blue cremes, but also because it reminds me of what is perhaps my favorite blue, OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue, just without the shimmer. I don't think there's a bad one in the bunch, though; I would wear any of these, even the orange, which I usually avoid. I just need to see if I can thin out my Fiesta some more and make it play nice.

I did do some comparisons with this collection, but I'll save that for another entry since this one's already photo-heavy.

9 comments:

  1. la playa is my favourite too even though I've only seen swatches of it so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All nice colors. I agree that they all seem to go nicely with your skin tone. I think the Bailamos is my favorite. What does that word mean anyway? Usually I can 'get' their play on words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. La Playa is definitely my favorite too. I wore this color for 5 days straight, and I normally change them every other day that's how much I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiesta and Bailamos are really neat colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiesta looks just like OPI Flower-to-flower from the Summer Flutter collection. At least when I compare the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone!

    Kimberly, if I remember my Spanish classes, Bailamos means "let's dance".

    Emelie, I haven't seen those summer OPIs in stores around here yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I "WANT" all of these. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. bailamos is my fave! but I want them all...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.