Sunday, May 16, 2010

Revlon Gray Suede

I know I said I'd get the Orly Viva collection up next, but I forgot I hadn't yet posted my nails of the end of last week: Revlon Gray Suede from the Daydreamer collection that came out this spring. I can only imagine this is called Gray Suede because "Gray Suede Couch Left Out in the Sun for Many Years" was too long to fit on the label, as it's not remotely gray.

In the three days I wore this color, I kept going back and forth on whether I liked it on me. It almost but not quite blends into my skin, and the not quite part sometimes pleases me and sometimes annoys me depending on the light I'm in.

Revlon polish

Here it is next to my mannequin hands shade, Sally Hansen Café au Lait; Gray Suede is a bit darker and maybe a touch warmer.

Revlon polish

Just before I took it off, I went outside to see if I could capture the shimmer in the sunshine. The shimmer (like that in Café au Lait) is very, very subtle, so I didn't have much luck. If you look closely, you might be able to the see the lines I scored in the polish while pinning quilt blocks together on Friday night.

Revlon polish

Even though I think this one walks right up to the fugly line on me, I'm keeping it in my collection for now.

7 comments:

  1. I think this looks pretty on you. It's amazing how hard sewing can be on a mani, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks nice on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I also think it looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that. Looks great on you.
    Will have to look for it,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty on you!! I even love it for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you think it's ugly on you, but I really love it! I think I need that Revlon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having looked at this I do think you'd like Essie Be Right Bag. My pix of it aren't good.

    www.nailpolishuk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.