Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Deep Blurple

Someone asked over on the MUA nail board if Finger Paints Amethyst Atelier (in the core line as of this year's revamp) was a good substitute for OPI Sapphire in the Snow (from the 2009 Holiday Wishes collection). Since not everyone reads the nail board, and it's often hard to find things there even if you do, I thought I'd share the answer here, too.



OPI Sapphire in the Snow (left), Finger Paints Amethyst Atelier (right).



Top to bottom: Sapphire in the Snow, Amethyst Atelier, Sapphire in the Snow, Amethyst Atelier. (indoors, lightbox)



Top to bottom: Sapphire in the Snow, Amethyst Atelier. (outdoors, under cloud cover)


If one looks very closely in very bright light, one can see that the OPI is a bit more purple and the Finger Paints is a bit more blue (though the names would indicate the opposite), but in every other situation, these are essentially the same color.

8 comments:

  1. that is one of the funniest post titles ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very close. Close enough that you wouldn't have to have both in your collection

    ReplyDelete
  3. you need a blurple tag =)

    so..i just saw the opi burlesque swatches..i'm actually kind of disappointed. I didn't realize that they were so many glitters. I thought they were holographic glitters...and the glitters were incredibly awesome. OPI mad hatter..did it, saw it..now the more glitters that are eh..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour xx

    www.fashionbirdcage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. If not looking at it uo close, dupes! Now I don't feel so bad that I didn't get Sapphire in the Snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I didn't grab the OPI, but I'm definitely getting the FP! Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that colour! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.