Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Fall 2010

Just one display today, a little something I spotted over the weekend: Sally Hansen Complete Salon limited edition shades for this fall. This is the one that has the Tracy Reese neutrals that we started hearing about this past winter at places like polishswatches. The display doesn't mention anywhere that these have anything to do with Tracy Reese or New York Fashion Week, but being that I've filled my brain with polish trivia in place of remembering things like my password for online banking, I recognized some of the shade names. What I didn't know about was the glitters; they're what first drew my eye and gave me a clue that this display wasn't just another variation of the approximately six dozen Complete Salon core displays. Here it is, complete with random Halloween face paint compacts sitting on the brand name and which I didn't notice until I got the photos off the camera.



Top row, left to right: Golden Ticket, Perfect Match, Downtown Rubies, Feeling Saucy, Rockstar Candy, Sequin Scandal, Trouble Maker. Bottom row, left to right: Starry Starry Flight, Evening Fog, Fedora, Wet Clay, Touch of Mink, Bittersweet, Problem Child.


If these had been on sale, I would have grabbed a bunch of them, but they were not, so I just took pictures of the bottles. (I keep waiting for a store employee to come ask what I'm doing on one of my photo safaris, but so far no one has. Maybe they don't get paid enough to deal with the possibly crazy lady taking pictures of the nail polish.)



Above are Golden Ticket, a coppery gold glitter, and Perfect Match, a red shimmer.



Here we have Downtown Rubies, a red glitter, and Feeling Saucy, a ruby shimmer.



Rockstar Candy, a red shimmer that leans a bit toward orange, and Sequin Scandal, an olive green micro glitter or glass fleck, are next.



Trouble Maker is a plum creme.



I didn't get a good photo of Starry Starry Flight in the bottle. It's a fine-grained silver glitter. The name has got to be a reference to Essie Starry Starry Night, that discontinued and very hard to find midnight blue glitter. Why tease us this way, Sally?



Evening Fog looks like a nice light creamy neutral; something I'd expect Essie to do, actually.



Fedora, Wet Clay, and Touch of Mink are all cremes and variations on brown.



Finally, we have Bittersweet, a very dark brown creme, and Problem Child, a deep brownish burgundy shimmer.

I like reds and plums more than the next person, but feel I have plenty of things similar to the ones in this collection already. Swatches may change my mind. I'm most interested in Golden Ticket, Sequin Scandal, and the neutral cremes. What are your picks?

27 comments:

  1. Trouble Maker, Downtown Rubies and Sequin Scandal look as if they would delight me. Tho a few others are strong maybes.

    Thanks for being a crazy lady taking nail polish pics in the store. I love that I can rely on you to show the latest in drugstore shinies in your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, Golden Ticket looks niiiiiiice! that would probably be the only one i would pick up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, feeling saucy and downtown rubies are sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, I will "need" a few of these, especially that green. One. I should start hunting for the display, hopefully it's not as hard to find as the one that had Hidden Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sequin Scandal catches my eye, I don't have an olive colour like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need my drugstores to get on the ball, I want a ton of those and can't find them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you take photos of the displays in the stores. I feel like I am shopping, too!


    The glitters look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This collection disappoints me. Maybe the HD's will be prettier,and wondering when they'll be released. The only two I really like are Golden Ticket and Sequin Scandal. I wonder where Sally comes up with these names?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am kid of sad there aren't more flakies in different colors, they must know these are HOT.

    Of course all these remind me of my larder of Dollar Tree Maybellies and SHs, so I will have to pass on them.

    I am looking forward to the HDs, though!

    I love the shots in the store, too, I have two stores here and it's pretty much all or nothing on the new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like some of these and will look for this display to come out. I'm getting Golden Ticket, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Downtown Rubies & Sequin Scandal looks awesome! Love those glitters! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Evening Fog....I read Everning Frog at first. Had to do a double take! I am loving the glitters but so not loving the price. I wonder when will ULTA get these in? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some pretty looking colors in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I neeeed to get those! :) Looks awesome and thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your brave and got lots of pics. I'm always afraid to whip out my camera in the stores. I was hoping to find this display, but luck. :(

    Soo many stunning shades it's hard to pick a favorite. I like the browns as well as the glitters and reds. I need one of each! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for these posts. I love them. They're like...the news or something, lmao!
    I like Sequin Scandal and Starry, Starry Flight.

    Although I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high...I never see any new Sally Hansens. Ever. LMAO.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I won't get excited because A they aren't wildly exciting and B these are wholly unobtainable in the UK C I need to rein in my spending (again)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to go look for these LOL
    I get scared taking pics in the stores...You're brave! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the look of the glitters, esp. Golden Ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I am so jealous that you already have this display in your area! Thank you so much for the great pics--they are all so beautiful! BTW, I linked to this post on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, everyone! These are just now starting to roll out to stores, I think, so I'm sure they'll make their way to more places soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh lovely! I've been on the hunt for this display like an obsessed teenage stalker! LOL They are better than I imagined! I must have them all. LOL

    What are the new HDs everyone is talking about? I'm dying to know!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG that is hilirious that you took pictures in the store! Nice job tho ;)
    During High School I used to work in a Shoe Store and we had to stop anyone taking pictures of the merchandise! I was soo scared to tell people not to!

    I am not crazy about this line... I do not like the brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My pics are Problem Child, Sequin Sandle and the verdict's still out on Golden Ticket :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. where can i find these most likely

    ReplyDelete
  26. anita, I've seen them at Ulta and some drugstores (I think CVS and Walgreens, but it could have been Rite Aid--I go to so many) fairly recently.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.