Friday, September 24, 2010

Scintillating

When I shared my Purple Confetti NOTD, I mentioned I'd gone back and bought some of the other colors from the Scintillare collection, and today I have swatches of those, starting with Mediterraneo Sea, Purple Confetti's blue twin. Like its twin, without top coat, it's matte. And bumpy, thanks to the glitter. Two coats are plenty.



With top coat, it's sparkly.





Vignetto Berry has a deep raspberry base with brighter raspberry glitter. Unlike Purple Confetti and Mediterraneo Sea, the glitter is all one color, but since the base is not transparent, it covers the glitter to varying degrees, which lends a very nice sense of depth to this on the nail. Like the others, it's a two coater, and dries matte when left to its own devices.



I didn't like this one as much as the multi-colored ones until I added top coat, which helped bring out its charms. I'm including a low-light shot of this one, as it's very glowy even when not in direct light.





The last one I have is Nero Magico, a black base with silver glitter. I used three coats of this one. It didn't seem nearly as matte as the other, maybe because the glitter itself is so blingy. The first picture below is without top coat, the second one is with it.





There are two more in this collection, a red and a gold, which I left in the display, but with Rite Aid having a BOGO sale right now I might yet pick those up. I'd read that these might be the same as two of last year's holiday minis, but then I read that they weren't, so perhaps it's a good idea to get them just to do a comparison. Oh yes, I can rationalize just about any nail polish purchase.

13 comments:

  1. These are really interesting... Vignetto Berry looks ugly without topcoat but with top coats its really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really need to buy them because nail polish. That's my rationalization.

    I want those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fave is the first one--the multi colored sparkles are amazing!! I've seen this brand, but never tried them. The collections core looks like it's mainly creams? But these are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we're all good at rationalisation ;) I'm really impressed by how those polishes change after adding a top coat

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all these sparke ones!! very nice xox

    http://veryrandomrambles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them with top coat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *makes grabby hands* Me want them all

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes these are a fun collection from Borghese! I really love the blue one. I might go back and get the gold one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all wonderful! I like Mediterraneo Sea the most.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWsers! These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love all of those. They look great with and without top coat! So sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are far more pretty on the nail than in the bottle, I passed these up in the store...thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.