Thursday, May 19, 2011

Recent NOTD: Sally Hansen Loyal Lavender

Sally Hansen's Nailgrowth Miracle line, which came out either late last year or early this year, is touted as having "Peptides, Keratin, Biotin and Multi-Vitamins", which doesn't particularly impress me, as I believe pretty much any polish applied over a good treatment basecoat will protect nails and help them grow. Still, there were some colors in the display that appealed to me, so I bought a few, including Loyal Lavender, a light red violet shimmer. When I opened the bottle, I found the brush was wide and flat. When I started applying the polish, I found the formula was thin. I used three coats and needed a lot of cleanup to deal with the cuticle flooding. I'll be curious to see if the formula is similarly runny with the other colors I bought from this line.



The reason this caught my eye in the store is there's a bright purple flash in the shimmer. I had a heck of time trying to get that flash to show up on my nails or on camera. Perhaps you'll catch a glimpse of it if you click these photos to make them big.





Since it wasn't shimmering like I'd hoped, I added some stamping with two coordinated designs from Konad plate m51 done in Zoya Lael.





I think I should have used the single flower on my pinky rather than my ring finger, though I do like how the larger design covers my pinky nail so maybe not. I had some issues with centering and getting the whole image to transfer, but was happy with how Lael worked for stamping—she just needs a more skilled operator.

14 comments:

  1. Funnily enough I can only see the shimmer in the Konad photos!How odd is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subtle shimmer in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, this color is gorgeous!! :) So pretty! The stamping is cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice pastel colour! I love that you did the konad with a darker purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a pleasant surprise when I stop by. I'm not a SH fan and usually skip posts when a blogger I like is showcasing her NP that day. However, it was YOU and I thought I'd stop by anyways and sure enough - totally worth it as I L.O.V.E. your stamping and color selection for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty. I'm a little obsessed with light purples at the moment so I might have to get this.

    Ps. The stamping looks very nice too, subtle but not boring :) ds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Lavender is one of my favorite colors to wear on my nails. Its so flattering to every skin tone.

    P.S. I gave you a blog award, I hope you don't mind if I post the link:
    http://hautelacquer.blogspot.com/2011/05/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty lavender color! I love the stamping you made, for both design and color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, everyone!

    Minty, leaving a link for an award is just fine--it's the ones that are nothing more than "hey, hey, look at my blog" that are bad form.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got this polish today. It's so pretty! And I love that in some lights, the shimmer is very subtle and in others it's IN. YOUR. FACE. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.