Sunday, September 5, 2010

Recent NOTD: The Color to Watch

Faced with the OPI Swiss display, there was really no way I was going to leave the store without at least one of them, the purple fetchingly displayed at the center top of the color mountain. (Of course, since I included one of the others in my pewter comparison the other day, we know I left with more than one.)

OPI

That purple is The Color to Watch, and it was my Nails of Most of the Week.

OPI

OPI

OPI

It's a lilac with blue shimmer, and I love it. I've read that some people found it very sheer, but I used three coats and don't think I globbed them on, so for me it wasn't particularly sheer. I do think one coat of it might look quite nice layered over a deep plum; I'll have to try that sometime.

6 comments:

  1. great color! I hate it that OPI costs so much in europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tagged you for an award here
    http://twister1985.blogspot.com/2010/09/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have this one. It's pretty so if I indeed do have it.....it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful color. One of my favorite ones... *

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen have you seen the opi burlesque polishes?

    scroll down to see the actual bottle pictures.

    http://teaplayground.onsugar.com/OPI-Burlesque-Winter-2010-10335830

    the show must go on? is that a duochrome? ahhhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone!

    shortwidenails, I've only seen promo pics for Burlesque (and got a brief glimpse at some swatches of the glitters before they got taken down), so I'm looking forward to the time when people start getting bottles for review and we can see more swatches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.