Thursday, September 23, 2010

Recent NOTD: Louise without Thelma

Essence polishes are ever so slowly becoming more available here. Ulta has had Colour & Go for a while; I noticed some shades were on clearance the last time I was there, so I hope that means we're going to see new ones soon. This past summer they also had the Surfer Babe collection, months after it appeared in Europe. Other than that, though, I have to swap, so swap I do. My latest Essence acquistions are these glitter top coats from the Nail Art Twins line. Each is marketed with a base shade, but I figured I can get a lot of good cremes and shimmers here, so focused on getting the glitters. I was fortunate to connect on MUA with a sweet gal from Switzerland who custom purchased these for me.


Left to right: Louise, Julia (aka Juliet), Clyde, Carrie.


For my mani late last week, I tried Louise. Essence paired her with Thelma (of course), a deep eggplant creme, but I felt like going in a slightly different direction and used Barry M Bright Purple as my base color. (Bright Purple made an appearance in my blog fairly early on, I realized when I started writing this entry.)



The darker glitter in Louise almost matches the Barry M, so the look it a bit more subtle than it would have been over deep plum, if a multi-colored multi-shaped glitter can be said to be subtle at all.





This look delighted me quite a bit, especially when the sun would hit the glitter in Louise and really light it up.

There's one more Nail Art Twins glitter I'm stalking: Victory, which I've been told is a German exclusive. Silly Essence; they could have so much more of my money if they'd just send boxes of stuff over here to me directly.

14 comments:

  1. This polish is one of my untrieds, maybe I should dust it off and try it soon as it looks just wonderful on your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't even get Essence in the UK! They are crazy. I had to go to Croatia. Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Essence EU colors too. After Ulta got Surfer Babe I emailed them and asked if we'd be getting more LE collections and they said we'd get Denim Wanted next and it should hit Ulta in October. I hope we start to get them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the reasons I love living in Germany. I'm able to get all the Essence,Catrice and P2 collections when they come out. I have the whole Twin collection but have not tried all of them out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh so adorable..love the multishape purple glitter. it goes perfect with the barry.. lol it's good to have friends.. :0D
    i must go check out my local ulta...it's so far away..but i know they have some good polishes...one of my friends bought me some essie matte about your there for me... maybe i will go during thanksgiving break..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice swap. I hope these make their way over here. Looks like I'll be stalking Ulta...again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the glitters! ULTA! Please get them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's some glitter. Maybe the mother of all glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great layering. It reminds me of confetti that you throw at a party. :) I'm noticing these are slowly picking up where I'm at too (even though I'm in the states things are slow moving in my area).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Victory is available in Slovenia too ;)

    IRL it's actually quite similar to Thelma, just a little lighter in color. If you'd still like it, email me, we can arrange a swap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great :) The Barry M is a gorgeous purple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lot of sparkles going on :)Once I had Clyde in my hand heading to the counter, but then got scared the application would be bad. I need to check them out finally.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the combo you did :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.