Monday, October 22, 2012

Contrary Polish Fall 2012 Limited Edition Duo

I swatched the inaugural collection from Contrary Polish a couple months back; today I have the two limited edition colors she put out for Fall 2012, Hayride and Bonfire.



Hayride is a light warm brown with copper, gold, and brown microglitter/shimmer. I used three coats plus topcoat for these swatches. I could have probably stopped at two coats of color but wanted more sparklies on my nails.







Hayride has a nice glow in low light, too:



Bonfire is an orange-leaning red with microglitter/shimmer in brown and red (or maybe it's orange or possibly pink or possibly some mix—I thought I saw all those shades at one point). Like Hayride, I used three coats plus topcoat but could have done two coats.







Also like Hayride, Bonfire glows in lower light:



These two were sold out at Llarowe last I looked, but according to the Contrary Polish blog, it seems that a restock could happen later this fall, and mini bottles of these were on the list of ones available direct from the blog as of the last update there.

15 comments:

  1. Both of these look pretty!! I love the shimmer and flecks in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of these but Hayride is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love the Hayride! too bad they don't sell them here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like bonfire! For some reason I am just loving the orangey-browny-redness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was able to snag a couple Contrary's from llarowe's site a week or so ago...your swatches are making me wish I had have gotten Hayride too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are both gorg but hayride is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty colours! Is this an Indie brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinitchka, yes, Contrary Polish is an indie.

      Delete
  8. They are both gorgeous! I love Hayride especially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really liking the looks from this indie maker-have yet to actually make a purchase-but am thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness you kill me! *is dead* Hayride is too much! It looks like wet sand on your nails. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.