Friday, October 12, 2012

Recent NOTD: Sally Hansen Salon Effects Antique Chic

When I was putting away the winter designs of the Sally Hansen Salon Effects strips that I'd bought (so I'd have them when it came time to put snowflakes on my nails), I came across the Antique Chic ones, which were a limited edition for this past spring. They became my next mani. The design is lacy black leaves on a tannish peach background, which continues the neutral but not too boring theme I had going with my previous mani (Golden Rose 103 plus Nina Holographic Top Coat).







I happened to be wearing these when I went to visit with my nieces and grandnieces, and one of the babies found them quite fascinating—she'd hold my fingers in her tiny hands and just study my nails. It was quite adorable. Her slightly older cousin was not interested in my nails; she had just learned to climb stairs and was very much into practicing that new skill—no time for cuddling.

I liked wearing this design so much that when I saw a box in a Walgreens while I was still wearing them, I grabbed it even though it wasn't on sale. I justified it by telling myself that since it was the day they were having the "buy $15 of beauty products get 3000 points" promotion for the new Balance Rewards card program I would get a discount out of it later. But the points didn't print on my receipt and it took me several days to get them added to my account. I tried online first, but that didn't work so I had to call, which did eventually work. I got the feeling that I knew almost as much about the program as the Walgreens people did; I guess we were all new to it. I hope future promotions go more smoothly.

19 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! I like how each nail has a larger leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous. I love it when babies like my nails. If you can get them to focus on them for more than a minute, you know it's an eye catching manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This design looks awesome! It's so cute that the little one found your nails interesting hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful!!
    Really nice effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want to like those strips because they are expensive, but they look really good on you!

    It is so amazing that you happened upon some more while you were wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely an interesting design. I keep checking Big Lots, but they still only have the spiderwebs and candy cane. :/ I'm glad you finally got your reward points!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't seen this design before. Its so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this design, but have not picked it up yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn you bought something not on sale??? I call that love! These are really pretty-I still have yet to try out these nail strips.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are LE? From Spring? SERIOUS? My Wam-Lart had a TON of these. I skipped getting them but I WILL go back this week and pick a few up. I love the colour combo, the print and the overall uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful, one of the few SH nail strips that really seems worth having!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.