Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dior Amazonia and Golden Light Layering

Not quite a month after I first posted Dior Amazonia and Golden Light, I got around to trying them together, putting one coat of Golden Light on top of two of Amazonia.







I'm undecided on this combination. The dark base seems to bring out the brushstrokes in the gold but it also brings out pops of color in the shimmer that I didn't notice when I used the gold alone. Here's a differently lit shot showing both things at once.



Now that I've looked at these pictures, I'm wondering if Golden Light over a lighter base would be just the thing. Maybe in another month I'll have tried that.

*****

Reminder: my Halloween giveaway closes tomorrow (October 10th) at midnight Eastern US time.

17 comments:

  1. I really love it, I like how grungy it looks very wintery too. Perfect!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like it. I am not sure yet because indeed the brushstrokes are a bit more obvious. Though the sparkle is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty combo, it reminds me of Color Club's Snakeskin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out to be really nice and complex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I like layering when it comes out in a unique manner that matches no polish I have. Even though I'm pretty OCD about, well, just about everything (LOL!) ... Surprisingly, I don't mind VNL's (Visible Nail Line's) and VBL's (Visible Brush Line's).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though it is a tad brushstroke-y I actually really like them together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color! Gorgeous shimmers. I like that it's a combo of silver and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the result. Gorgeous combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gold fleck! These look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness that's freakin' gorgeous!!! *dies*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love shimmery nail combos. That looks so gorgeous.
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's not that bad-but I do see the brushstrokes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.