Thursday, October 18, 2012

Piggy Polish Halloween Collection Swatches

A B2G1 sale is all it took to get me to pick up all three colors from the Piggy Polish Eat Drink and Be Scary display: Easy Come Easy Glow, Lightmare, and Nocturne-Nail.



For swatching purposes, I alternated Nocturne-Nail and Easy Come Easy Glow, using three coats of each. Nocturne-Nail is quite sheer; if I use it again, it'll be as a layering polish over something else. What I'm not quite sure, as I suspect it would look sort of milky over a dark base. Easy Come Easy Glow, the orange, could be worn on its own if you don't mind a bit of visible nail line. It's got a sort of fluffy quality to it; it dries smooth but looking closely at it it reminds me of a milkshake. Maybe I was just high on polish fumes—or hungry—at that point.





Both Nocturne-Nail and Easy Come Easy Glow glow in the dark. Here they are in my bathroom after being charged up under the overhead light for a minute or two:



I was surprised to see that Easy Come Easy Glow glowed brighter than Nocturne-Nail, since I think of Nocturne-Nail's light milky lime color as the original glow in the dark shade. I don't think either one of them is a must have. If you don't have any glow in the dark polish and want some, there are cheaper alternatives to be found (Piggy Polish is around $7.50).

The third polish in the trio, Lightmare, is a glitter with orange hexes scattered in a base of silvery charcoal small glitters. I put two coats of it over a base of Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme and then added topcoat.





I quite liked Lightmare. It's on the sophisticated end of the Halloween glitter polish spectrum. It's definitely festive but not as loud as some Halloween glitters I've seen (and worn, because loud is not necessarily a bad thing). Lightmare can be worn on its own at three coats, though not everyone who wore it that way whose blog posts I've read was happy with it. Libby's Pink Vanity thinks it's a trick rather than a treat. For my part, I'm keeping it, as I have nothing else like it that I can think of.

In other Halloween news, yesterday I got a nail polish ring I'd ordered from my friend's etsy shop, 'Nise's Pieces. Why is this Halloween news? Because the ring has a handpainted sugar skull design in it:



I think it's super cool—I put it on the minute I opened the package and spent the rest of the day quite entertained by looking at it whenever I needed a mini break from work or a distraction while sitting at a stoplight. I've gotten earrings and a bracelet from her, too, and even the ones that don't have pictures painted on them have a complexity and depth to them that makes them very interesting to look at. The only downside is that I can't see the earrings while I am wearing them—which is why I ended up getting a ring this time.

24 comments:

  1. That ring is amazeballs, I love the colours and the glow in the dark so gorgeous!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it Karen now I need to go back and get Lightmare!!! I was at Ulta last weekend while I was sick and in no mood to browse but they had one Lightmare left. I knew I would regret leaving it and now I do!

    That ring is AWESOME!!! She has so many awesome pieces in that shop, I can't wait to get the necklace I ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ring is kick ass looking! I love glow in the dark polishes, they are so fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous ring! And yes, I'm with turtlechick...I'll be on the lookout for Lightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the polishes! The glow in the dark polishes are so neat to me. The ring is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swatches! I am in love with that glitter and the ring is very cool! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. lightmare looks awesome :D
    love that ring, it's cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lightmare does look like a sophisticated Halloween polish... a good base for layering some louder glitters too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ring!! I pick up ChG's glow in the dark polish. I was so excited to get it... now I don't know what to do with it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen! I sent you a couple e-mails regarding the giveaway, just wanted to make sure you knew I got the one you sent and make sure mine to you didn't go into spam!! lol

    Lightmare is really flippin cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got Lightmare (my fav out of all) and want to use it during Halloween week. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do to my nails. WnW black creme is my HG and GT black polish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool polishes and the ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness you are hell on my wallet! *dies* Now I have to get Lightmare......

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do such a great service to the Nail Art blog-o-shere!

    P.S. White polish makes great underwear for GITD polishes. It makes them appear brighter & makes VNL a non-issue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the polishes! omg that ring is lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm, I'm thinking of getting a glow in the dark top coat. which would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lacqueerisa, sorry for the very late reply. I haven't done a comparison, but I did see China Glaze Ghoulish Glow on clearance recently and that does work pretty well as far as glowing.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.