Thursday, October 11, 2012

Essence Colour 3 Duos

The big Essence display I saw when I was out west included the Colour 3 duos. I mentioned some time back that double-ended bottles like that distress me due to storage issues, and some helpful person (I don't remember who, sorry) pointed out that the ends can be pulled off and stored individually, so I tried that with a few duos that had somehow snuck into my stash. I did use too much force in one case and cracked a cap, but some tape took care of that. This is a long way to explain that when I saw the Essence Color 3, I didn't immediately shy away. I haven't had a chance to wear any for a full mani yet, but I did swatch two of the duos: Midnight Date (blue) and A Walk in the Park (green).



And yep, the ends pop off so I can store each side of on its bottom and not risk getting polish leaking into the threads.



I'm led to understand that the 3 in the name refers to the 3 looks one can get from these: the base color alone, the layering polish, and the combination. I only did two of those looks. Left to right below: Midnight Date, Midnight Date plus its topper City That Never Sleeps, A Walk in the Park, A Walk in the Park plus Stop for an Ice Cream. I used one coat of each, except a Walk in the Park which was two because I went too thin on the first one. I did add topcoat, too.



Midnight Date is a blue shimmer, and City That Never Sleeps had green/blue flakies.





A Walk in the Park is a green shimmer, and Stop for an Ice Cream (just one ice cream, I guess) has green/periwinkle flakies.





These are pretty enough that I'm okay with the goofy bottles. I'm wondering if they'll still be in stock when I next head west so I can get the other colors.

*****

It's going to take me a bit to validate the entries in my Halloween Giveaway and pick the winner, so look for that announcement early next week probably.

21 comments:

  1. O I love the walk in the park! I've been doubting if I should buy it... I think it's in the collection untill january and then they change it. I'm not sure of this however

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of them look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I'd love to see the toppers interchanged with the opposite polish! These are cool- like the Relvon one's that came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh, I checked if those separated when the first colour3 polishes appeared in the Circus Circus TE and they didn't. I think I even complained about it in the review. And like a lump of stupid I didn't even think to check if the later releases did.
    I'd still prefer if they sold the colours separately, the base colours are mostly too bland for me or I have a bunch of similar shades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I didn't know you could pull them apart either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these 3-polishes, but I'm not crazy about the bottles either. The idea about separating them is good, but I like to keep things the way the manufacturer intended them to be, so mine are just laying with the others in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty colours. Where did you find them? I have yet to see the brand locally. *head tilted to the side* They pull apart??! I have some Revlon double ended ... Does anyone know if they pull apart as well? I am too much of a skeptic to try on mine. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinitchka, I got these at Fred Meyer in Idaho. And yes, I have pulled apart some Revlon double ended ones, too. They didn't come apart as easily as the Essence, as some seem to have been glued together, but even those will part if you wiggle them around some before pulling and don't yank too hard.

      Delete
  8. Cool colors. I've heard of Essence before, never used it though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great! I really like Stop for an Ice Cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got the blue combo and I'm loving it so much.... I didn't know the could be separated..I'll try myself, hoping not to break them :-s

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do you separate the top from the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. procrastinatingagain, these Essence just pull apart. I made sure they were closed tightly and then just grabbed one end with one hand and the middle with my other hand and pulled. The end popped right off.

      Delete
  12. Ohhhh! Fun! I'm not a big fan of double ended polishes, but I might try one of these! I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw That's so pretty. I'm going to have to see if I can find those online or something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I separated my bottles too (I hated having to store them horizontally) but I don't like the duos all the same: I prefer being able to buy just the shade I'm interested in...BTW After I bought the blue due I found out that Midnight Date was a dead on dupe of Essence Colour&Go Hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dang, I didn't realize you could separate those types of polishes! I only had one that I swapped away a while ago, but good to know! Love the swatches!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.